The Park College is for young people with special needs who need more support than mainstream FE colleges. Our admission criteria are below.
- Students being aged between 19 and 25 years of age
- A diagnosis of autism and/or with a range of additional needs including moderate learning difficulties
- Students being able to work towards Entry level 3 or Level 1/2 qualifications in a range of subjects including English and maths
- Clear identification of outcomes in accordance with the young person’s Education, Health and Care Plan
- Confirmation that The Park College can meet the needs identified in the EHCP
- Confirmation that the college curriculum and study programme will support outcomes identified in the EHCP
- Successful application for funding via the young person’s home local authority
The college is housed in a grade 2 listed building. Lifts or ramps for access cannot be installed.
Any agency or advocate may make an application on behalf of a young person, with the agreement of that individual and/or their primary carer. Young people are welcome to make their own application.
- Contact us to arrange a visit
- After the visit, if you think this may be the right college for you, complete an application form
- We will review the application and decide if we can offer an assessment
- As part of the assessment process, we may visit your current school or place of study. This is to establish your level of ability and needs
- We will look at information from any previous place of study and any professionals who have worked with you
- Assessment will be undertaken by a multidisciplinary team
- Individual risk assessments will be completed to make sure your needs can be met safely in college, on work placements and in the wider community
- If The Park College can meet your needs, we will write to you and offer a place
- If we don’t think The Park College can meet your needs, we explain why
- Once funding is confirmed, we will work with you to provide an individual study programme which will support and promote your learning. This will be informed by your views, hopes, aspirations and the work experience opportunities the college offers
- We will send you an induction pack before you are due to start which tells you everything you need to know about coming to The Park College